Sunday, October 4, 2009

Impulse 2

Brad: "World's Best Cup of Coffee". Sounds like a scam.
Jamie: It's just coffee, not a bomb to blow up all of Juno.
Brad: (deep in thought) What if it is a bomb? (he says in hushed tones)
Jamie: Brad, don't be stupid. It's not a bomb alright?
Brad: (uneasy) What if it's poisonous?
Jamie: Why don't you order one and shut up.

(Jamie tells the waitress that she wants Hot Chocolate and Chicken Tortilla Soup. The waitress turns to Brad)

Waitress: Can I get you anything, sir?
Brad: Can I ask what's in your "World's Best Cup of Coffee"?
Jamie: You have got to be kidding me!
Brad: You can never be too sure these days.
Waitress: Uh... Coffee, sir.
Brad: Don't get smart with me! Just get me a Dr. Pepper then.
Waitress: Anything to eat?
Brad: I'm risking my life as it is ordering the drink! What are you trying to do? Poison me?
Jamie: I'm so sorry. He's not right in the head right now. He thinks that everyone is trying to kill him.

(the waitress just stares, then slowly slips away. Jamie is glaring at Brad now)

Brad: What?
Jamie: You're an idot.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Morgan said...

I love the bickering. It adds lots of action and excitement to the scene. The lines seem just the perfect lenghth.

Dane said...

I thought the two were funny together. I can picture them in the coffee shop, and I like the way how its told in more of a story format, and not just dialogue.

bc mcgee said...

Haha, i love it! These two seem like they are pretty awesome together, and that they have really good chemistry. Really good job! :)